My Favorite Books

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Friendships

I'm so lucky to have so many great friends and acquaintances and one of those women is Teresa...back in '99 Bob and I took a cruise to Alaska and we met a delightful young lady named, Teresa. Bob and I decided (ok, Bob decided!) to take a float plane ride and let's just say I was a little apprehensive to say the least! Teresa sat in front of us (in this little box of a plane!) and gave me some words of wisdom. For the life of me, I can't remember exactly what they were but I sat back and enjoyed the ride! It was awesome!


At that time, Teresa was living in California and guess where she ended up moving to a few years ago! Oxford, Michigan! Go figure! Only 21 miles from our house and within 2 miles of the kids! Now I believe in soul mates and all that and I also believe Teresa's friendship was met to be! I mean, come on...moving to Oxford! Teresa married Curtis in 2007 and Bob and I were at the wedding...which was WONDERFUL! Curtis is a very, very nice man and they fit together so well! They are both a joy to be around...a lot of laughter and love. Here is the cute couple back in 2007 at their wedding.

Teresa and I met for coffee yesterday and it was an enjoyable hour spent with a delightful young woman. She is a technical writer (I believe that's her day job!) but she also writes fiction and non fiction stories! Her first story I read was about a genie and I thoroughly enjoyed it - even with two different endings!! Yesterday, Teresa told me her idea for a non-fiction book which is terrific!! I really hope she continues with this endeavor! It's a wonderful premise for a book!!!

I thank you Teresa for the bright spot in my day yesterday and I am 'grateful for the time I spent with you'. And I'm 'grateful' for your friendship!

I know there's a saying "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" but I disagree...keep your friends closer and closer!!! Our friends are like family and are so important in our lives and enrich us in ways we don't even realize. Just like our family, friends are part of our daily life that we may take for granted and not fully appreciate. You don't know what you have until it's gone so maybe we need to start appreciating our surroundings more. I know I need to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!