Well, this was quite an interesting lesson for our MIP online class with Hilary! I can't believe how much I learned 'what not' to do! As well as 'less is more'! I finished three collage design pieces and I'm satisfied with two of them and quite happy with one! Now to go back through my pictures and start some new ones.
It's not like me to take pictures of foliage but I did that in the winter of 2017 when two of my buds (Sally & Peggy) and I walked around Sholom Park, Ocala, Florida ...thank goodness I did!
This was my final collage layout...after about 20 tries....less was more...I deleted so many different papers I was trying to use. Taught me to not use so many!
I stamped the background piece from an arch stamp I made earlier this year. Paper strip on right and bottom were painted earlier as well.
And the finished collage after adding pencils and crayons to enhance the picture. This is 9"x12" and all paper. Hubby really liked this piece. He said it looked liked something that would be hung in a house. Hmmmmmm
Now for the not so great but good lesson in collage/design work!
This was a picture of a screen print I did our first year with Hilary. I've like it and thought it would make a good whole paper piece. The original print was 9"x12" but I printed out 3 pictures of it to 4"x6".
Yes, I struggled...then just decided to go for it as is! It might have turned out better had I just used one photo and made it 5"x7" or slightly larger to work with. Another time!
Actually it didn't turn out that bad once I added crayons/pencils, with exception of the background. Really I think I used too many stamped/dyed/printed papers.
Funny, but once again, Bob said he liked it! Go figure! Again 12" x 9"
I do remember taking a picture of this plant in the park. I thought it was beautiful...so many different shades/colors.
So, first off I goofed by using an actual 'photo' print on the left instead of printing onto regular printer paper. The right side is a photo transfer on to the paper.
Both of these photo bases were hard to add color pencils/crayons/etc. to vs using regular printer paper.
This is my finished piece with addition of color extending out from the photo's. The background is a whole piece I dyed and stamped; left edge is remnant of a stamped feather and the leaf on top is printed onto a piece of repair tissue.
This was really a good exercise in collage design work. Quite a struggle at times but a very good lesson!!
Now to create more!!!