Dye Dog 2018
23" x 33.5"
This was quite a challenge for me and not wanting to let Kay down with my work just put more pressure on me! I'm happy with how the piece turned out and hope Kay is as well! Thanks again for the challenge, Kay!
This was Kay's original fabric. I'm afraid the colors are not true....blame the photographer! But you'll get the idea on what the pattern was for us to start with.
I used a thermofax screen I had made using my friend, Carol T's, fathers blueprint design! I just happen to have had some maroon dye already mixed up.
Next up was trying to figure out a design. So out came the rotary cutter! I made a slew of flying geese sections and starting to lay them out.
Looks like my geese flew away! You really can't tell that's what they were/are! HA
Final layout...now how to quilt it! Hand stitching works for me!
I started with the blueprint designs first. Then the piece just told me which way to go! Yes, this was "slow stitching" (see my previous post!
I love to do circle hand stitching...can you tell! The yellow sashing called for some type of thread work and a fly stitch seemed to fit well. My fiber art group assisted in helping me decide on the colors to use.
And some straight line stitching finished off the piece...along with free motion quilting in the border.
A little short animation on how this piece came together!