This was a blue printed fabric I just laid the string art piece on top of. Not bad...
Then I got thinking that I should cut strips of the string art and add sashing or borders between them.
So back to auditioning fabric to lay my string art on! This was a screen print I did a few weeks ago.
Not bad...kinda like it!
Then I decided to look for fabric more on the dark gold or orange side. And what did I find! A setacolor print I did a long time ago! I took a class with Mickey Lawler on sun prints at QSDS and made two orange and two green prints.
I used the green sun prints of the leaf in this piece for an exhibit back in 2009. I did a re post of how I made the piece in 2015. You can see more detail here.
And I found the last burnt orange piece! I can't remember what I made but I know I've used the other leaf! Anyway, here is the last leaf...it measures 15" x 20"
And I really like the blue string art on top! So I've sandwiched the leaf and started to quilt it..just doing echo free motion around the leaves. Orientation won't be what you see in this picture. I just wanted to see if I liked the blue with the orange...and I do...I think! Guess we'll see...but it's a start!