I am making progress on the 'fish' quilt..which I'm calling "Nemo"...gee...I wonder why! HA I machine stitched the 'hidden' fish this past week! Then I painted two pieces of Mixed Media sheets by ICraft using blue and orange SetaColor paint. Then I traced some fish from good, old Dover books I had and the stitched them on top of a piece of old cut up quilt I had. Next I cut them out! Here are the two blue fish.
I have tried so many different color fish on this piece! Next I cut out an orange fish and placed him next to a blue one. He only looks angry because he has a pin in his body! HA
So I asked my buds what they thought! And, as with asking 3 folks, you get 3 opinions! HA One of my buds suggested I add some yellow to the blue fish to see if it toned the blue down. Here are all three! HA I don't care for the toned down fish..he may get flushed!
I personally like the contrast of the blue fish but I also like the orange fish. I think this project may hang in my room for a few days while I contemplate which fish will be part of "Nemo"!