For Kayla and Ian's high school graduation, I made them each a T-Shirt quilt. So, of course, it was Amber's turn! This was the major, secret project I worked on this past winter in Florida! There are actually six panels. This was taken in Florida after I finished the binding. And this bugger is heavy...
My son held the quilt up so you can't see all the panels here. I forgot to get a picture of Amber and I but will do that at her graduation party in two weeks! If I remember! HA
It appears Amber forgot about the graduation T-shirt quilt project, which was good...with the exception, she said she kept losing her T-shirts and figured her brother was stealing them! It was a hoot! Here is a video of her opening the quilt up! And finding her missing T-shirts! HA
This bugger is huge and because of the size I made it in panels. The easiest way to quilt it as well! I can't image trying to quilt as a whole quilt! Yikes! I followed Marianne's method for QAYG (quilt as you go). These are 3 of the six panels....
Her method is wonderful and it made the back of the quilt actually look like one piece.
My DIL sent away for a T-shirt from Sienna Heights U, where Amber starts in the fall. I just machine embroidered it on the back.
And, this was a first, I machine quilted the binding on..thanks to my bud, Susan for a tip on how to do this! Worked great! Thanks, Susan!!
So, grandma is now preparing for Nick's graduation and T-shirt quilt in 3 years! I told my DIL that I'll start putting some of the T's on interfacing in case I'm not longer here...then Auntie Dawn can finish it for us!