All the circles are stitched as well as the circles in the square centers,
Just doing straight lines to fill in areas.
I decided to add some embroidery in the shashing but wasn't sure I liked it.
So I received some input from my buds! They suggested the embroidery looked good...perhaps adding different colors of threads (e.g. maroon) vs all green would work or/and adding some opposite color (maroon again!) in between the stitching. I really liked that idea.
So, I looked into my Perle cotton thread box and decided I didn't like the green shade above and found one a tad darker. The yarn on the far right is what I used in pic above. I'm now using the green on the left as well as the brown Perle cotton (both #5).
And off I went with the stitching!
I think it's working and I'm liking where this is going now! So great to get wonderful input from your talented friends!