My Favorite Books

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My new best friend

This is the new free motion couching foot (Bernina #43) I purchased at the seminar in Florida. This is the best foot to use if you want to couch fibers on. This presser foot allows you to feed cords, ribbons and braid directly under the needle, so that lines and shapes of any sort can be precisely guided and sewn on. A regular couching foot is fine if you are just straight sewing lines or gentle curves, but this foot you can just go crazy and couch where ever you want! So cool!

This is my April Nature Journal quilt (8 1/2" x 11") I made. You might not recognize it but it's tree bark (made with pleated/sewn fabric) couched with fuzzy fibers using my new best friend! I had lots of fun making this journal quilt.
So I got to see some of the family today! Amber and Nick are off school so we got to spend the entire day together. I did surprise my DIL by sitting in their living room early this a.m. much to her surprise. To make a long story short, Kris didn't know I was coming today so she took the day off and was a little shocked when she came down the stairs to see her MIL sitting drinking a cup of coffee! It was rather funny. It ended up being a great day and I got to visit with Kris and still spend time with the kids. Kris' grandma is in a nursing home so she was able to go and visit her without taking the kids. So all in all the day worked out just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!