My Favorite Books

Monday, March 16, 2009

Discovery Launch

Bob and I decided to go to Steak 'n Shake and pick up a milkshake last night then back to the house to watch Discovery launch. Well, actually we were going to take the golf cart to one of the holes on the golf course which sits up quite high. We heard you can see the launch from that particular spot on the course. So off we head with Mandy in tow to Steak 'n Shake. I stayed in the car with Mandy with over 30 min. while Bob waited to get our shakes. It's now 7:41 p.m. and we figured we would miss seeing the launch. As we turned right onto the highway, we looked up in the sky and what did we see!!! Plumes of gigantic smoke and the booster rockets dropping off from Discovery!!! We caught a red light so we could sit and watch for a few seconds. What a sight!!!! I took a few pictures with my camera phone but they won't mean anything to anyone. As we traveled up the highway, we could still follow the rocket which was awesome. I've never seen anything like this and now I can understand why folks will travel and wait so long to watch the launch in Florida. If you missed any of the launch, go to the NASA website and look at the videos. Something to see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!