My Favorite Books

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wednesday Dye Day

Today is going to be beautiful and perfect day for dyeing. I'm working on some new pieces and techniques which require dyeing. Oh well, someone has to do the playing, I mean work! So I get to play with dyes today! I'm thinking blues for today but I might work with some purple too. With dyeing you just never know what you'll get and you'll most likely never get that same, exact color again.

So when we were in Micanopy on Monday, I saw some small, wood sculpture pieces in the Shady Oak Gallery. They were done by Rick Cain of Micanopy. His work is stunning and the detail is unbelievable. He has a wood sculpture of an alligator that is over 10 or 12 feet! Plus, there are hidden alligators in the sculpture! There are videos and pictures of Rick working on different projects on his web site. It's worth a few minutes to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!