My Favorite Books

Monday, February 16, 2009

Day trip and Blogger problems today

It's a girls day out again today! We're heading off to the town of Micanopy, which is about 35 miles from Ocala. Looks like a historic town with lots of shops, book stores and just some history. It's a beautiful day so should be a fun day with Carol and Peggy. Barb can't make it today but she's on for our girls day out in March! We'll miss her but we'll share her dessert and think of her!

I'm having some problems with blogger today so I can't upload anymore pics. I'll try later tonight. Here is a Valentine I made and sent in to Fiber Arts magazine. I traced a design and painted and quilted that card. This was for my friend in Colorado who has cats. I thought it fit her. Oh, his eye has a tiny bead sewn in.

These next two I made with painted fusible webbing and painted tissue paper. The first heart is fabric paper that I made and embroidered. The heart on the 2nd one is a hand dyed velveteen which I machine embroidered.

This is the Valentine I received from Marty, one of the ladies in our CCC fiber group. She drew my name for her secret Valentine. Marty taught marbling fabric and included some of her beautiful work in my card. Isn't it great!!! This is the 2nd year Marty drew my name! I just love it! THANKS, MARTY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!