My Favorite Books

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Talented Friends

I'm so blessed to be surrounded by so many talented friends! I've shown some knitted pieces my Florida friend Carol is making for her grand daughter a few days ago. Here are some pictures of some Barbie dresses my friend Judy (from Michigan) made a few years ago for her grand daughter. Judy sewed each one of these beautiful outfits. I can't imagine sewing such small pieces of fabric. Give me an art quilt to make any day!




Judy made more than just these 3 dresses but only took photos of these. Aren't they beautiful! I'm not that nice of a grandma to take the time to sew Barbie clothes! I'll stick to knitting. I am knitting a skirt for, Nicki, the American Girl doll Amber has. Hopefully, between Barbie and Nicki knitted outfits, I'll be kept busy....like I need another project to be kept busy!

Yesterday Bob and I took off SHOPPING! I keep saying a girl is lucky if her husband wants to shop! Only problem is I don't really like to shop but it's fun to look for 'stuff' for him. He didn't find anything but we had a nice afternoon then went to dinner at one of our favorite 'hangouts' called Cody's Roadhouse . 2 for 1 drink specials and dinner specials. Really good food and drinks. Bob and I just have fun at this restaurant and we've eaten there 3 times already.
Today is a sewing day and painting some fabric. It's supposed to get up to low to mid 60's but very windy. A cold front is coming in for the a.m. Wed. and Thursday then back to 70's and normal morning weather in the a.m.
Life is good....shopping, doing art work, eating out and enjoying the sun. I'm one lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!