My Favorite Books

Friday, February 6, 2009

Last day for frost!

Well, let's hope this is the last morning for frost. It was 21 earlier but it's up to 29 degrees! YEA! Temp will get up to 60 today and with the sun that will be a perfect temperature for tooting around town! Which is what I'm going to do today.

Something we didn't know about on our first trip to Ocala was the State of Florida has more than 500,000 horses and more than 70% are used for competition and recreation, ranking #3 in the US! They do refer to Ocala as the Horse Capital and with those stats you can see why. The horse picture is "Foxy" and the owner is Natasha Mangan (Photographer: Todd Keith). I love this picture! Usually, we make one or two trips to some of the horse shows, mainly the jumpers. It makes for a really nice day just sitting in the stands and watching these beautiful animals. Certainly makes me miss my horses but not the work!

So, now for some art work. I'm going to start posting some of the Valentine fiber cards I made this year. I free motion quilted the black backgrounds with white thread. It looked ok but then I took some Stewart Gill paints and painted over the white thread. I finished with adding a machine appliqued heart. These are really fun to make and I hope to receive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!