My Favorite Books

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Proud Grandma

I have always been proud of my kids...what they have achieved in life, the adult(s) they've become....and now as a grandparents, we can be proud of our grand kids.  I've blogged about all four of them in the past few years. 




But now that Amber is in college, we get to brag on her!  Amber signed her letter of intent to Siena Heights University her senior year to play Lacrosse.  That was another exciting and proud day for us all.








This past week or 10 days, Amber and the Siena Heights  Lacrosse team traveled to Georgia and to Florida for some games.  Unfortunately, where they played in Florida was almost 4 hours away and with over 2 hour! games, it just wasn't feasible for us to attend. 

But with modern technology we were able to watch some of the game(s) on our laptops and phones!  Only problem, both games were on while I was 1) at dinner on Thursday and 2) at lunch with my friend, Marcia on Saturday!  HA  But I did sneak a peek both days!





They played two games in Florida.  One with Ave Maria University and another one with Keiser University.  



But the most exciting part of playing Keiser U was Amber scored her first goal as a collegiate Lacrosse player!!  Woohoo!!!!   I didn't get to see the goal on the app, nor did her dad but we were hoping we could see a recording of it.  I'm still searching for video's of the games! 

How exciting is that!!!  Amber said she was shaking after she scored!  I can only imagine how she felt and I actually felt that same excitement for her!!!  I wish everyone could know this young lady.  She cares about everyone else and is always thinking of others!  She even sent the sweetest text to Bob, which brought tears to his eyes.  I know I still have the first text from her where she said "I love you too"! 

I told Amber I would do a blog post so she would have a record of her goal.  She knows I print out my blog each year so she'll always have these pics and memories!  And so will I!!!

1 comment:

  1. You should be a very proud Grandma. Amber is very talented and she is becoming quite the beautiful lady too.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!