My Favorite Books

Friday, March 1, 2019

A Little of This...A Little of that!

I've been so busy lately I know I'm missing keeping my blog updated.  As I've stated before, this blog is my daily journal!  I want to have memories to look back on when my kids move me to a 'home'!

First, I want to show a very unique Valentine Card I received from Jan B., Laughing Dog Arts!    Isn't this the coolest card!  I love all the different textures/media she used to create it.  Click on the picture to look at it closer.

For starters, Jan is so very talented and one of the best at re purposing.  Check out the envelop she made to hold her wonderful card! 





It's really a sheet of calendar paper Jan folds to make an envelope out of...I ripped this one by accident! 










Jan may not remember but I have another one of her envelopes she sent me!  Yep, I still keep it because it's so unique and has a horse on the back of it!   And I didn't rip this one when I opened the package!  HA



Jan sent me a 'Dooleybobber' she made!  You can see that post here.  She is so clever!  And you should see her art work.  She is an animal lover and that is obvious in her paintings.  Take a few minutes to look at her posts!  Thanks again, Jan!!!  I will certainly keep your wonderful card (& envelopes!  HA). 













I have been knitting and here's a pic of one of the tops I finished.  It looks better in person, honest!  Besides, I'm not a great model!  HA

















I also started knitting another top using the same yarn but in a dark blue, which I'm really liking now that I don't stress about the yarn.  It really does just work itself out!  HA

I also started playing around with the Little Cotton Rabbit pattern!  So cute...finished a head and ear but won't post pics until it's finished.  Doesn't look like much now. 

Heading south to see my sister this weekend since I had to postpone last weekend due to Kalee being under the weather.  Vet still isn't sure what was wrong with her...she seems better now but just not drinking much water.  Of course, if I give her chicken broth (no fat/no msg/no sodium) she'll drink...so we're adding water to her food twice a day to make a soup mixture so she gets some liquid.  She also has some high levels of PH and protein in her urine - no bacteria or infection - which we are watching and will reck in a month.  Always a worry...but I think she'll be fine with weekend.  Bob...not so much!  HA  But it's good for him to play 'dad' for a day or two!

4 comments:

  1. Love the knitted top….so much more flattering than the usual bulky ones I’ve seen!!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweater is cute as a button, and so is the model!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked your card and envelope! That knitted top is so cute and you are as always so cute too as well as multi talented. Hope little Kalee feels quite recovered by the time you return. Our furry friends are so important to us, I suffer when they suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty blue yarn! Love your gift from Jan. The envelopes are such a good idea. So many calendar images are just too pretty to toss.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!