My Favorite Books

Friday, March 8, 2019

Class continue!

Yes, class continues....that is when I get to stay home!  And when I get the garage area here covered with plastic...I can start to over dye and stamp some more!  HA  I don't feel I'm as productive as I wish, here in Florida.  I don't want to damage or mark any of Jan and Larry's house with my paints or dyes, so it makes for being really careful!!!  And setup takes time to get ready and to clean up.

We're starting to make our 'coloring' journal in Hilary's online MIP class.  I love the fact we don't have to draw!!!  Peggy and I did our craft store outing last Saturday and I picked up another wet media journal to use as my 'coloring' journal.  These are the pages I painted with dyes for the background.  Next is to stamp, stencil or just color in patterns or whatever we want!




Kinda funky using the palm stencil but I just had to do something with one of the pages!!  Just getting started with coloring that page!


Since I had the dyes out, I thought I might as well over dye some of my stencil papers.  I'm putting the before pics and after pics...

  Before:



I really liked the pink and black but felt it needed more black...not sure why....but I did it!  Before:



After...looks better it person...don't they all!  HA










Next, I had a magenta stencil paper that I, again, over dyed with black.  I wanted some add'l papers to go with the piece above.











This leaf/flower stencil  needed something for the white that was showing.  Before:






Then I over dyed and stenciled it again.....












Before...just stenciled on paper.  This was a good looking piece and I'll mix up some of the paint to create this again....I hope!  HA















I don't even remember which dyes I was using at this point.  But I do like the colors...






This is the paper I use to pick up extra paint and dyes...it just keep growing! 

So all in all, I'm having a great time with the class and learning so much!  Now to find the time to keep creating!!!  Once back in Michigan it will be easier as my dye room/table set up will allow me to paint/stamp/dye everyday so much easier.  Until then, I'll keep my class journal and do as much as I can!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun class you are taking this time. You are so good with colors and stencils and fabrics and papers. Play and enJOY dear...

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!