My Favorite Books

Saturday, March 23, 2019

Tints, Tones and Shades

We're working on Tints, tones and shades....our 'homework' this week is to pick 2 analogous colors and one complimentary color to work with.  I have to say mixing colors isn't my strong suit...well, heck...I don't know what my strong 'suit' really is anyway!  But color theory has never been high on my list!  I was a little apprehensive on this lesson but Hilary made it so easy!!!  I've even learned something!  Who knew!!





I'm using a red and orange and adding turquoise for my complimentary color...and I even had fun mixing up the tints, tones and shades!!

Orange -- Tint, Tone and Shades








Red's - Tint, Tone and Shades














Turquoise - - Tint, Tone and Shades








Next up, we stamped papers by mixing up the tint, tone and shade for each color. 


























Orange - hard to see but I do have a sheet for each  tint, tone and shade of orange


























Ditto for the red color







































And now the turquoise

I've over dyed these pieces using the same tint, tone and shade for each color!  Is this fun or what!!  Yes, yes it is!  I'm off to my sisters for a last visit in 2019 but I'll have a post scheduled before I leave to show the over dyed results.

3 comments:

  1. Each of your overview posts of Hillary’s lessons make me want to sign up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been a flurry of painting- what fun! Enjoy your sister visit. Will await the over-dyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a really great class!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!