My Favorite Books

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Sister Time (again!)

I did (finally!) get another visit with my sister this week!  I want to take advantage of the distance she lives from us, especially if this is our last winter in Florida!  We had such a great time!!!  I arrived around noon and my sister and I quickly starting in showing our knitting projects and talking about new ones we want to make.  

My sister and Nancy are throwing a surprise baby shower for one of their friends who is becoming a new grandma!  They showed me all the decorations they have purchased and what the menu will be, etc.  Then my sister said "you need to help me make a diaper cake!"...a what!?!

So, MaryAnn got all the supplies together, showed me a few video's and we got started!  We had 68 diapers that needed to be rolled and a rubber band attached 1/4 of the way up on the roll.
 From there...we made the layers of the 'cake' with circles of diapers!  How clever!  Maryann had purchased some rubber ducks and some satin ribbon that we tied into bows.  That also took a few video's...who knew making a bow was so difficult!  I took this before we added two more bows.




We were so proud of our work.  This turned out so cute!!!!  We couldn't stop looking at our results and saying "how cute is this!"


I can't post on FaceBook until after the end of March.  We don't want the new 'grandma' to see it and I want all her other friends to be just as surprised.  I think it's adorable and I may have to make one of these for the baby shower of our grand daughter, Kayla!  She's due in July and I'm sure will have at least 2 or more showers!  

After our little project, we each cleaned up and headed to dinner at a great restaurant not far from their house!   The Ybor Grill near Apollo Beach is a great find!  Food was delicious and you know must have been good because I dug right in without taking any pictures!  I started out with a salad with blue cheese vinaigrette dressing that was to die for!!!   My main meal was  Pollo Rioja which was chicken breast with Rioja wine and tomato sauce topped with Manchego cheese!  Double yum!!!  Nancy had beef tips (I tried one and again, delicious!) and my sister had Mama's Meatloaf, which had a surprise in the middle (sausage!  Not for me!) and Maryann ate it all.  Such a great find..hope I get one more chance to eat there before we head north.  Back home to have a cupcake and watch a little TV...ok, to talk...I don't even know what was on TV!  HA

My sister is talented at growing flowers too.  Check out her orchids!!!  She has container after container of orchids in bloom and some that are just starting to get their buds.  Her orchids are as beautiful as she is!! 

Thanks, Nancy and Maryann for another great time.  Love ya both!

7 comments:

  1. What fun….and yes, it’s adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun visit. Diaper cake? That's a new one. And pink rubber ducks, too. It is a cute idea and you should all stand back to admire it. Wow- Nancy's orchids are beautiful. It amazes me how many varieties of them there are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn’t it wonderful to get to spend time with your sister! I have really missed mine since my husband got sick. We’ve been doing nothing but hospital and doctor’s visits since last October. I’ve only gotten to see my sister once since then. The diaper cake is ADORABLE. I’ll have to stash that idea away and pull it out should I ever need a gift for a baby shower. Oooooo, the orchids are beautiful. Wish I could grow them—well anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The diaper cake is so clever...will have to file that idea away...and your sister's orchids are beautiful....I have the total opposite of a green thumb so I'm always envious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your sister did an awesome job making that diaper cake. I wish someone had given my daughter a “Grandma Shower”. She has very little for when Skyler visits. And what an honor for the Grandma to be. Lovely Dear...

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!