My Favorite Books

Monday, March 11, 2019

Stitched paper blocks

We're now at the point of using some of our stenciled/painted/dyed papers to create quilt blocks!  We're encouraged in our MIP online class to create patterns using traditional designs as our inspiration.  This is my first block I attached to batting and stitched, which is based on the log cabin block.

Only issue I had was  straight stitching because the presser foot stuck to the paper.  I've ordered some of Hilary's acrylic wax, which I hope to help with this.  I've tried other acrylic mediums but they didn't work.  I do have a Teflon presser foot for my older machine but not for the machine I bring to Florida.  Free motion quilting worked just fine.

This was a sample I made up just to see how my machine would stitch through the paper.  No problem with stitching and other than straight stitch it was quite easy to FMQ.   They aren't adhered to batting. 


So onward and upward!  Next week, I have another project with a due date!  UGH..hate those due dates but this one is self imposed! HA  After that, I'll be playing and posting more. 

3 comments:

  1. I love the innovative block Robbie……have you considered doing more with this design? It’s really great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I love sewing paper.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!