My Favorite Books

Thursday, March 3, 2022

101 Daily Art Project continues!

 Still doing the 101 daily art project...I am really glad I signed up for it.  You don't have to spend hours on a project....just 20 minutes or however long you have.  The other day I decided, since I'm working on the disperse dyed quilt one week and some type of other media the next week, that I would do some gelli printing.  Turned out to be fun again!  I forgot how much I enjoyed playing with the gelli print...and of course I had tons of previous stamped/dyed/stenciled papers that needed additional work on them!  How perfect to use them up!

This was what I printed using the gelli pad.  I got some cool pieces and some not so exciting...but I did  use up some of those 'not so exciting' pieces from two years ago in a few collages!  I'll post those when I finish up this week.





This was sheet of music that I printed on one of those photo transfer fabric sheets.  Actually, I printed several of them years ago for another exhibit our art group was working on.  I never did use them!  So perfect for playing around with printing over the music with the gelli print! 


This really isn't as gray as it looks in the picture...I was using green/turquoise/gold paints.


I don't remember what the original background  layout paper looked like before I printed over it!




This was a dark green small piece that I gelli printed with a circle stamp...actually, the stamp is a coaster!  But works better as a stamp!



This was just a plain white piece of layout paper that I printed over using some of Hilary's wood stamps I purchased.  It's a jelly fish!  I have two different sizes of the stamp and use it frequently...well, I used to use it when I was printing more papers!


My next post I'll show some of the collages I'm trying to do daily.  They are only 5"x8" so easy to complete pretty quick!  


2 comments:

  1. From beading to knitting to quilting to paper and collage! There's always something intriguing going on in your studio! I look forward to seeing the collages. That is a simple enough size to not be overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are inspiring me to do some printing! I have piles of FQs that I hand dyed, but I think they could benefit from some printing. I will just have to wait until the weather warms up. I have a big table that will be perfect for printing in the garage.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!