My Favorite Books

Sunday, February 27, 2022

Snow, cooking, knitting and embroidery!

 It's a normal Michigan winter...some days in the 40's (last Saturday and Sunday I walked the dogs!!!) and other days below 20 degrees.  But being inside allows me to get lots done...well, lots of cooking!!!  Yes, I am still on a cooking kick.  I find at least, if not more!, one recipe a day from Half Baked Harvest web site or Tieghan's cookbook, Super Simple Meals.  Of course, I'm making bread at least twice a week!  Bob and I love our bread!  HA




These are the collages I made.  They're 5" x 7" and I put them in my bi-fold book.  You may notice some similar collage work from when I was in Hilary's online class.  At least I remembered some of what I learned in her class!

Day 4

Day 5



Day 6

Day 7






I know these blocks all look alike but honestly they are each embroidered with different color threads or at least different threads in the veins!   some days I post the progress on a block vs finishing an entire block, which measure around 8 inches.


We post whatever progress or a completed project each day of our 101 Days of Art.  It's actually fun and makes me do some type of art work...whether it's knitting (see progress below on lace T), embroidery or making collages/papers.


I'm actually starting on my fourth block of the leaf embroidery.  Hope to finish the 4th block this week and then I'll go back to playing with collage papers again.  

My plan is to work on the quilt for a week then take a week off and play with paints, dyes and making collages.  Just small collage work to put in my bi-fold journal.  I'm up to Day 13 and keeping up to date, so far!












One day we're walking in the sun!


Next day we're shoveling snow!















Yes, I am getting some knitting in...I need about 11 inches of straight knitting...I'm a little over half way...then finish the ribbing, knit sleeves, ribbing...whew!  It might happen before spring..at least Michigan's spring!




1 comment:

  1. The bread looks so good and those cookies look like they a loaded with all kinds of goodness! The embroidered leaves are so pretty! You are making great progress on your lacy top.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!