My Favorite Books

Monday, February 14, 2022

101 Days of Art!

 

No, I didn't make all these this year.  This was the group of 60 cards I made in 2019 and my last year making them for friends and family.  I think I started out making about 6 or 8 fiber cards...but the list kept growing and I decided enough was enough.  Yes, I do miss designing and sending the cards as I think there were several who were surprised when they received their Valentine card!  But that ship has sailed!  HA  


It's Valentine's Day again but this post is about something else!  There's a FaceBook group started by Karen Stiehl Osborn and Janice Paine-Dawes.  This is what the group is about: 

This group is for artists and friends who want to commit to making art for 101 days in 2022. Starting date will be February 14th, Valentine's Day. Pick your art project which can be a small daily project or a large project you commit to such as 30 minutes a day for 101 days. Share photos and have fun. 

So, when they sent me an invite I had to think about it for a minute or two.  I'm not big on commitments for some projects but I think this is more of a way to inspire us to create art daily.  Not necessarily to finish a project but that would be nice!  So I signed up and we start today!!  





I've shown the disperse dye quilt top I'm hand embroidering and it will be one of the projects that I'll devote 30 minutes to daily...I've finished one of the leaf blocks.  


I decided to go back to my lessons with Hilary on drawing and cropping a photo!  I enjoyed that process so much but I forgot about it!  It's a perfect project to devote 30 minutes a day to!

These are some of the inspiration photos, my drawing and then the cropping I did back in 2020.





I used some of the cropping designs and cut the printed papers I made to add to my tri fold journal.  I'll post those later this week.




Yep, I'm obsessed with leaves and flowers....more leaves than flowers...so....


It only stands to reason that I picked out these two photos to start with!  I'm not sure which one I'll do first.


I can really see this one cropped and actually stitched in a quilt!  

So, we'll see how much I can get done in 30 minutes dividing my time between hand embroidery and drawing/cropping!  I'm anxious to see all the cool work the other ladies are going to create.  So far, there are 19 of us and we'll post pictures and our progress daily!  Stay tuned!


 

2 comments:

  1. Your 2019 V Day cards are so pretty. Everyday last week I thought I need to send a couple cards, but I kept forgetting to do it. I really like your embroidered leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved getting your neat cards in the mail. I really appreciated the time you spent making them and they are in my sewing room where I continue to enjoy them. That was a huge commitment on your part! Still loving all that you post now! it's been many years since we did a block exchange.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!