My Favorite Books

Saturday, February 19, 2022

Cooking like Betty Crocker!

 It was bad enough when Covid first started and we couldn't eat out...yes, I sure missed it....now I'm not wanting to go out to eat just because I am having fun cooking!  WHAT!  Fun cooking??  Well, the cooking part is fun but the cleanup isn't so much but guess it goes with the cooking, right!  

I am hooked on recipes by Tieghan Geard and her book/website.  I have her Super Simple Meal cookbook and love the recipes.

On Wednesday I was on a baking/cooking kick, again!  I made these Salted Tahini Honey Chocolate Chip Cookies.  They were really good BUT the tahini/honey mixture was suppose to create a little carmel type area in each cookie.  My Tahini mix never did get thick...I'm thinking it was the type of Tahini I used.  BUT the cookies still tasted really good!



Yes, I cook my bacon in the oven, then I freeze them.  So much easier to clean up (lay newspapers on top of the grease left in the sheet pan and toss in trash).  No more grease all over the stove top!  This way we always have bacon in the freezer that I can pull out for breakfast!



This  is a Crispy Cheese Poblano Avocado Burrito!  It was  fantastic and is on her website.  

You fill your tortilla with lots of good stuff!, then lay jalapeno's on the flat grill, place shredded cheese on top of the pepper in a circle and lay your wrapped burrito on top of the cheese.  When the cheese starts to crisp up, wrap the cheese around the burrito and then flip over!  Delicious!


This quesadilla has bacon bits (which I took out of the freezer!  ha), spinach, Poblano sliced/sauteed peppers, cheese between two tortilla shells and cooked on flat top.  YUM...you also make a pineapple salsa to put on top!  This is in the cookbook, Super Simple.

I also made another recipe from Tieghan's web site called:  Slow Cooker Mustard Herb Chicken and Creamy Orzo for dinner on Wednesday!  Whew!  That's a mouthful but it was really good too.




Of course I had to make more bread!



I've started another block on my disperse dyed quilt top.






I've finished one block so far!



Day 3/101:  In addition to showing the start of the hand embroidered quilt block, I  created two crops from this feathered picture.  I hope to get to make another collage from them!

So off to check out some more recipes!  Betty Crocker...look out!

2 comments:

  1. Your kitchen endeavors look great! I like bacon crispy, so your method seems like a really good one. Keep on cooking! Life took a bit of a turn here- Jack fell and fractured his hip (no horses were involved) and is home now to recover. So not much sewing or blogging happening at this moment. Soon I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummmmm……your killing me here!!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!