My Favorite Books

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Day 1&2/101 Days Of Art Project


I won't most likely be posting on my blog every project day completed for the 101 day art project...but I will include some of what I'm doing mixed in with my life!  HA


I did both of these croppings on Day 1.  This is an exercise in finding a picture that you crop out areas and then create a collage from painted/stenciled/dyed papers.  



This is the drawing I picked to do a collage with my printed papers.





These are some of  my stash of papers that I made in Hilary's online class in 2019 & 2020.





Day 2 :  This is my finished collage based on the cropping I did above.  Think this is called Thistle plant...well, the original picture was called that!


In Hilary's class I purchased a bi fold journal so I've started a new section for any collage pieces I do for this art project of 101 days!

This journal is around 5"x7"...or close to that!

This shows some of the folded pages in the journal.  I completed these in 2020.  The collage is made up of strips of my painted/dyed/stamped papers.  This is fun to do...sometimes I get stuck that I can't find that perfect piece of paper to tear or cut.   Hard to believe I can't always find that perfect paper with the stash I have! But, eventually, you do!  



 



2 comments:

  1. good luck with your 101 days of art project! Too much pressure for me to commit to doing 101 days of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really getting good results…….love the direction of this art journey

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!