My Favorite Books

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Some tidbits!

So Monday turned out to be a day for me to stretch myself and work on the puzzle Susan gave me for my BD!  I haven't worked on a puzzle in 50 years!  Well, maybe with the grand babies but that doesn't count!  Here is the picture of the puzzle.


And this was my progress as of Monday evening.  I had to stop working on it because I couldn't get enough light to see the difference in some of the piece colors!

Tuesday, Marcia and I took off for the Villages for some shopping, walking and of course lunch.  It was a beautiful day so we sat outside and had Salmon on spinach with strawberries and feta cheese. It was delicious!!  Nope, no pics!  Too busy yaking and eating and drinking...only one glass of wine!  HA

I did work on the puzzle after I took the dogs or a walk when I got home so I'm now about 90% finished with the puzzle.  I will finish it today!  Then I'm returning it to Susan for her to put together.  It will be the gift that keeps on giving!

Tuesday evening my grand daughter and son both sent me a text and pictures of them at the Red Wing Hockey game.  Amber bought her dad two tickets to the game for a Christmas present and her dad took her as a thank you!  They both love hockey and the Tigers!  HA

I just love those two!!!  Amber is so sweet and thinks of everyone all the time.  And of course Darrin is the same way.  He called and left me a message the other day that he was just thinking of me and wanted to say "hi"!  ðŸ’•ðŸ’•

And just another link to share!  I love these felted vessels Mary Stori has created!  I think they are so cool!!!  I'm stealing some of her pics just to entice you to check them out here!  They do make great gifts for friends, family or even yourself!!  Now there's an idea!
This is cool!!! Wool felted basket -  mono printed - 6" x 6" x 3.5" deep - $25

X's & O - Wet felted, Mother of pearl ring -  3" w x 2.5" h - $15

Green/Orange bowl - wet felted - 6" w x 3.5 h" - $39

2 comments:

  1. What a nice surprise to see some of my felted bowls featured in your blog……maybe there will be a run on bowl sales….enough to pay for my airfare to come and visit with you gals in FL!!!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not much on doing puzzles however yours is lovely. Amber looks very grown up and that was very sweet of her and her dad to take her with him. Mary's felted vessels are gorgeous. Another day, another month to enJOY friends and food. Fabulous February Dear.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!