My Favorite Books

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Table Runner

I started working on a new table runner for our dining room, per hubby's request.  I mentioned in a previous post that I was going to applique some huge leaves of ice dyed fabric on this piece of commercial fabric.  Not a very exciting piece.....so I knew it needed something.

Well, I changed my mind about the leaves and I'm headed in this direction now.  I start off free motion stitching around the leaf shapes.


Then I got this great idea one night in bed that I would stitch wavy/straight lines on top of the free motion stitching!

I like the look and really would have been happy with just adding some binding!  Well, I finished all the stitching last week and today decided to add a strip of gold/orange...can't decide what color it really is but it looks good.

Then I added some free motion stitching across the center strip....I may even add some additional color.  Got some new products that I'll post about later that I may have to try out!!





And this is where I'm at so far!  I may add some other pieces like circles or triangles or just finish it off. as is.  Let's face it...this is only for our dining room...fall is coming and the colors will work just fine.  Nothing exciting...like I don't have anything else to work on, right!  HA HA HA


We've had some rain on and off past few days, which we really need.  Of course, Gigi isn't so fond of wet grass so that can be a struggle...takes a lot of time for her to finally decide where to go potty!  At least she'll hold it and not pee inside...she is really good about that.   But some days I would prefer not to stand outside for 15 to get her to 'go'!  Geezzzz   Temps are still in the 80's.  I don't want winter to get here but I sure would prefer temps in the 70's or even 60's for the rest of the next few months......

3 comments:

  1. You wrote: Then I got this great idea one night in bed …..gosh isn’t that always the way…..we can’t turn our creative brains off!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes our best thoughts come when we lay down and clear the clutter of the day, isn't it. My boxer loves to traipse through the creek, but rain, nope does not want one drop of rain to fall on him.

    I like the stitching on the table runner, especially adding the wavy stitching.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have such great ideas. Love your red fabric stitchings and the gold stripe is interesting. I see that strip of gold as being a wonderful background for those Fall pumpkins and such. Table Runner Bliss...

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!