Bob mentioned that we needed a new table runner for the dining room...so a few weeks ago I thought I would dye a few pieces of fabric and decided ice dyeing would be perfect. I raided our ice maker and grabbed some green, yellow, blue dyes and had at it. These are the 2 yardages I ended up with.
I also had a paper pieced pattern I purchased a few years ago called Tea Time. I really didn't want to bother with all the paper pieceing so I just traced the leaf pattern on to some fusibile web and cut out these two leaves.
These are LARGE buggers.....22" tip to stem and about 11"at their widest part. They will be fused onto a quilted background.
I also traced, onto each leaf, the paper piece pattern template. I'm thinking I'll stitch on these lines, using a heavy weight (12 wt) thread and perhaps even add some paint in the areas.
You never know what you'll end up doing, do you! Just have to let the piece tell me what I should do. I have a burgundy commercial fabric that I think will work well with the leaves. But again, we'll have to wait and see.
For the time being, these will be on the back burner while I work on other projects. I'm thinking this will be more of a fall runner rather than summer! So that gives me some time to work on it!