My Favorite Books

Monday, February 25, 2013

Last Tuesday I had my Florida lady friends over for a lunch and plain old get-together!  I made 9 of these glass beaded rings for each lady to take home with them (as well as to know which glass was theirs!).  There were only 8 of us (but I didn't count) so I wanted to make sure who ever got to pick last at least had two to pick from!
Kalee was our greeter!





And my theme was black and white.   Note Kalee's little black tie!  It matches the binding on my table runner I made a week ago!









Of course wine, lemonade, iced tea and margaritas were on the menu for drinks!  For appetizers, I had:
Stuffed jalapenos 
cheese cubes
&
broiled water chestnuts wrapped in bacon w/bbq sauce

The main course was:

Shrimp Salad in horseradish sauce
Chicken Salad
Fruit Salad w/brown sugar sauce
Blueberry Tea Bread
Croissants (in case they wanted to make chicken salad sandwich!)
&
Key Lime Cake 

I was so busy eating and talking I didn't get any pictures of the ladies!  They were all so sweet and brought me hostess gifts!!  The picture above is a planter Jan brought me all from her garden!  
The caddy gift set w/cards/etc. was from Patricia; Carol made me the cool scarf, Verna gave me the embroidered clutch, Marilyn gave me some beads and my Q buddy, Susan, gave me needle threaders!!  Do these ladies know me or what!

It was a fun afternoon and I plan on doing it again next year!  The house isn't big enough for me to cook for the hubby's and have everyone sit down to dinner....so, next year it will be just the women again! 

Warm, humid day again...overcast but warm...of course, as long as it's not raining or snowing, Bob will be golfing!  But isn't that why we are here in Florida during the winter!  I'm off to bead!  Kalee and I already made a trip to the post office and dog park so it's time for her nap!
 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely luncheon and the menu sounds divine. Kalee looks adorable. I am catching up since I have missed a few days. You really do know how to enjoy and live every day. Excellent dear...

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!