My Favorite Books

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Catching up!


This is most likely the cleanest my 'sewing area' will be here in Florida!  It's usually filled with my 'stuff' which could be beads, threads, fabrics...you get the point! 

Anyway, a few weeks ago I posted on the lovely cards I received from Cindy over at Stitches in Time.  I thought it only fitting I send Cindy something so I looked through my small fabric stash and found a cool black commercial fabric to use as my background for a small snap bag.  I also brought with me pieces of fused fabrics so I had fun looking for fabrics to fuse on top of the black!  You can see in this picture where I cut some circles within squares, then fused and started to buttonhole stitch around each.
Next I did some free motion quilting and, as you can see on the right side, I sliced a piece off which has two squares on it.
You can also see, on the right, where I stitched a hem to insert the metal tape ruler.  And the finished snap bag below!
Cindy did receive it so that's why I'm posting now.  It's not that big but large enough to hold gift cards or credit cards.  Enjoy, Cindy!

I'm going to work on making some coffee cup holders today and then do some beading on my Carnival piece.  Temps have been in the mid to high 80's but it is overcast today.  Doesn't make much difference to me since I just stay in the air conditioning!!  Spoiled...yes...


1 comment:

  1. You are so talented with all the different stitching you do to make your projects so unique and beautiful. It really makes your things stand out and shine.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!