My Favorite Books

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Monday and Tuesday Gone Already!

The week is half over already! And I don't have a lot to show for it, so I've put a picture (above) of a piece I did last August. Dawn actually created the center piece at QSDS (not sure of the year). It was stamped on black fabric with metallic paints. I removed threads from the edges to make it raveled then hand stitched the piece onto some tracing fabric I dyed. The tracing fabric is the same material you use to make dress patterns from. It's quite soft and took the dye very nicely.
Anyway, I'm working very hard on my wolves. I had to make some more fused leaves to lay on the background and I did get those fused on today along with stitching some of the stems and sewing on some of the dimensional leaves. Might be all that I do until the weekend.

Wednesday is baby sitting day and Thursday is Bob's and my annual golf outing. Yep, I'm getting on the golf course! Well, actually, sitting on the golf course. We go to the Buick Open every year leaving the house around 6:00 a.m.! I do get breakfast out which is nice and we stay all day! Although, Bob doesn't think we'll do that this year which is fine with me. We usually sit at the same hole all day long and we get to see the golfers tee off and putt. I do enjoy the day and it's our yearly 'golf time' together. This is as close to the golf course as Bob will allow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!