Then I started to cut my stamp...I remembered (per Dijanne's instructions!) to reverse the image...but when I cut I forgot I wanted the positive and not negative print...so here was my first 'cut' which wasn't pretty.
Here it is stamped. Doesn't look that bad but not that good either! After cutting two more blocks (keeping the positive or was that keeping positive in mind!), I just couldn't get the detail cut correctly. Again, Dijanne to the rescue! Her tips and suggestions were just what I needed!
This is my stamp cut 'correctly' or as close to it that I could..actually, not sure but I added a squiggle at the bottom of my 'P'..hence, the prints look more like 'RR' rather then 'RP' for my initials!
Here's my monogram (3" x 3" block) stamped on a 10 or 12" square..can't remember the size. I like the look of the monogram print.
This one was printed on black fabric using a mixture of Trapsuutijes Paints and Jacquard metallic in a copper color.
Bob wanted to know if I was changing my name. Actually, when I get some time I'm going to re-cut another block being careful on my initial 'P'.
Great step-by-step illustrations! Very exciting to share it this experience....especially since I've never dreamed of cutting a lino stamp! Exciting!