My Favorite Books

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hundertwasser in progress

I've been working on my Inspired by Master's piece (based on work by Friedensreich Hundertwasser). This was my initial thought/layout. I really wanted to use my daisy I printed out.
I had some hand dyed orange and blue fabrics I just loved and found a small fat quarter of commercial fabric so I made the swirls. I also printed out on organza two smaller daisy's.
So I pieced my background and quilted it. I used two different quilting patterns (free motion) and I'll be adding some hand stitching to this as well (but after I get my other elements sewn down).
Then I fused my swirls onto the quilted background. I liked the daisy(s) but decided not to use them and now I'm onto another approach! Go figure! I have all these stitches on my machine so I'm using one that's a triple straight stitch which I think looks good on the swirls.
Here's a closeup of the stitching. The stitch runs so quickly I was having some problems controlling around the bends! It takes some time to do the stitching around the swirls. Then I have lots of hand work to do on the piece. I'm saving my daisy prints to use in my journal quilt for the month of June. You have to check out some of Hundertwasser's works to see all the colors, swirls, circles, etc. he used on his pieces. Anyway, this is "Robbie being Hundertwasser"!This afternoon Mandy and I will be going to Nick's kindergarten class for Pet Week! We signed up last week when I picked him up from school. I know he's looking forward to Mandy coming to his school. I did this for Amber when she was little too. Should be fun for everyone! With the sun shining and beautiful temp (60 @ 7:00 a.m.!) should be another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!