My Favorite Books

Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday

Yesterday I finished fusing my Lenore Crawford Dogwood pattern and I got out the paints I'll be working with. Maybe today I'll get to painting on it - this isn't my strong suit at all so I'll be looking at lots of pictures of dogwoods! And asking for Bob's assistance since he's really good at this 'depth' thing!

I did finish my journal quilt for this month's CCC meeting. This is a picture of a pony in Scotland. I found this on Flickr and emailed Beth Wales to ask if I could use her photo. She gave me the go ahead and here's my 8 1/2" x 11" journal piece. It's thread painted on top of organza printed with the photo. Our theme is 'Nature' and I just thought Beth's photo represented 'nature' as in animals. I"m pleased with the results. Beth takes some really beautiful photo's and we've corresponded for about 8 months on and off. She also does really beautiful art quilt and some traditional work. I'll have to ask if I can put her link on my blog to her work on Flickr.

Lots of running around to do today so I better get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!