My Favorite Books

Monday, May 11, 2009

Belated Mother's Day Wishes to all Mom's!

Well, the patient is getting back on her feet! Yikes! Since last Wed. my week consisted of coughing, sneezing, headaches and going through 3 boxes of large tissues! I did get out of bed finally on Sat. but still stayed on the couch until Sunday. I told the kids I couldn't meet with them to celebrate Mother's Day...I was lucky to get in and out of the shower! Enough of words from the sick ward....
So, my wonderful, sweet daughter ended up cooking a lunch and dinner for Mother's Day and brought it up to the house (Bob said "I guess Dawn knows I don't cook!"). The meals were WONDERFUL! The lunch consisted of Italian Egg Drop Soup pictured here and it was soooo good. bob and I just kept eating and saying how good it was.
For dessert, we each had a banana chocolate chip muffin (I think there are still about 12 of these left!), yum!!!! And when my taste buds come all the way back to me, I have a box of chocolate covered orange slices, another of my favorites!
I took a picture of the Skinny Spaghetti & meatballs Dawn made but it was of the meatballs and sauce in the container...didn't look so good. I forgot to take a picture when I had the meal on our plates! Dawn's been watching a new show on Lifetime channel called 'Cooking Yourself Thin'. You can find all the recipes on their web site (Scrumptious Skinny Spaghetti & Meatballs, Italian Egg Drop Soup with Meatballs and Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.
I have to say this was one of the best Mother's Days I've had even with being sick! So THANK YOU Dawn!!! That was so sweet of you to do this for me on Mother's Day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!