My Favorite Books

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Mono Printing String Art!

While waiting for my screen prints to 'batch', I decided to try some mono printing string art !  Is that such a thing!  HA Who knew...I wasn't sure it would work but I guess the original concept is mono printing.  It is messy but fun! 

This is a post I originally posted on creating  string art on fabric....and this is the post using the string art fabric in a quilt! 




I started out using a glass plate (8 1/2 x 11") which I covered the background in acrylic blue paint.  I used some old Setacolor metallic gold paint to soak the string in and then placed on top of the background.   And the process began!
















This was the first string art I created and printed on layout paper.  Not bad...the paint was really thick so I was blotting with deli paper(s).
















blotting above print!



 I continued to use the deli paper(s) to blot up excess paints.























Next I got out my 5 x 7 gelli plate....and here are the results!




These aren't that bad......










This was the last print I did and the best one!!  Who knew!  Hope I can use these papers in my collage work with Hilary's class!


If not, they might make nice fiber card once stitched. 

3 comments:

  1. Well you're at it again- that string art thing is really interesting. Never a dull moment in your studio! While one thing is batching, another is happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so neat. I've been wanting to try this. I need to put it on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, the last one is terrific…..again…..persistance pays off!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!