My Favorite Books

Monday, July 29, 2019

Another Book Project

No, it's not a 'folding book' project.  This is a book Hilary showed us in our online class (I've had some ask about the online class..this link is for the year 2020).   This is a great way to use all the papers we've been making since January.  And those who follow my blog know I have lots of papers to use!  HA

Each section is 5"x5" with a separate spine which encases the signature(s).  I'll be gluing the 5"x5" sections together so the hand stitching isn't showing.

These are some of the pages I've hand embroidered and machine stitched.  It's time consuming but good hand work to have when I want to relax!



I cut several strips of stamped and over dyed construction paper.    Just like quilting...have to cut strips!






Some additional papers that I cut into 5" squares






Each set of two squares had add'l strips machine stitched to the inside edges - now they are signatures.  I could leave as is and just draw on the inside or write messages but I decided I wanted to do some hand stitching on each signature.







Starting to hand embroider







This shows both sides are embroidered





This is what the inside looks like.... I'll be gluing each side together....then most likely I'll machine stitch the three sides or not!





Above closed







I have to machine stitch this spine down



Once they are all embroidered, I'll then weave each spine edge together to make a book.  Hilary has a great way of weaving the spine.  I have learned so much from her....and plan on signing up for 2020 too!!!  I'll need more work to do this winter since we won't be heading to Florida!!!

4 comments:

  1. This is going to be a "chunky" book with all the stitches and layers. It's really lovely! Bookmaking is as much fun as quilting in my book- yuk, yuk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these books....the hand stitching adds so much

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!