My Favorite Books

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Finished Paper Collage

I finished this paper collage a few weeks ago but between being sick, playing with mono printing, etc. I never got around to posting the finished piece.  So here it is!   It measures 15" x 17"

I'm happy with how this piece turned out.  I used my gelli printing with masks, a small piece of hand dyed fabric (piece with bright yellow in it) and some old papers I stamped and overdyed.  Of course, I love black and white for my binding and I think it turned out good on this piece.  Doesn't take much to make me happy does it! 






Colors aren't showing up as bright as they are in person.  We got new phones and I'm just getting used to using all the camera settings. 






Wait until you see the class project I took at our local book store!  It's called 'book folding' and it's a blast!  I know...I need another hobby but it's always fun to learn something new...good for the mind!!! 

We have a used book store 2 miles from my house called Cottage Used Books and I saw last winter they were offering this class.  I just had to see what it was all about!  I have quite a way to go on my book but I'll post my progress sometime this week. 
Until then...have a great day!  In between coughing and blowing my nose (still!!), I'll be working on more projects!!!

2 comments:

  1. Robbie….this is a stunningly successful piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly lovely!! The colors, the stitching, the composition- all of it. Look forward to seeing your folded book, too.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!