Friday, July 26, 2019
I should have known better!
And yes, I do know better....I posted last week my results on screen printing. You'd think I never mixed dyes or screen printed before! Duh! I also mentioned that I thought I didn't mix enough dye powder in with my print paste. And that proved to be the case.
Here are my 're-do's'! I used 3 of the pieces that were quite pale and just screen printed over them! And one was just white fabric.
I really like this piece. Earth tones...yummy..
There sure is a big difference from this one, right! HA
I don't measure when mixing dyes....whether I'm doing low immersion dyeing, Bob's socks (that's a whole other post!) or mixing dyes with print paste. And usually I add too much dye but I've always been happy with the deep colors I get.
For some reason, I was quite stingy when adding the dye powder to my print paste. Mainly because I was using this tiny containers I picked up at Hobby Lobby and I wasn't good at guessing!
Lesson learned...well, I hope so! HA...now onto our next lesson this week! And yes, I'm still having fun!