My Favorite Books

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Another Collage

My last post  showed some of the mono prints with acrylic paints I did.  Well, I took one of the prints and, based on our lesson a week ago, used Neocolor 1 crayons to color our print.  What fun!!!!   This was the picture I used for inspiration to mono print this series.

Here is my original mono print with acrylics.  I was quite happy with how this turned out.
Then over dyed  (which made it quite dark) and then I colored with Neocolor 1 crayons to enhance some of the colors.  This was our lesson last week, which really freed me up to experiment with crayons..


Here are all three together...original, over dyed and colored with crayons!

Next up was putting a collage together using more papers that I mono printed.  This is a collage/quilt I made....now to quilt it!!!







I also printed some more mono prints so I would have more choices for the borders for my next piece.  These turned out pretty good...on this one  I used Gelato's crayons to color over the print.








This was printed on deli paper....then colored with Intense Blocks, then a wash of water.   Yep..still having fun!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, you are getting some in-depth skills with this course! Even exploring all of the the supplies- Inktense and Gelatos. And the results are wonderful. No wonder you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, it hadn't even occurred to me to use beautiful pictures as inspiration for monoprinting until you started this series. But you're getting such lovely, not at all literal results! Now I'm getting an urge to clean off the workroom table and spread out some of my snapshots from India.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pieces are ethereal. I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!