My Favorite Books

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Quilt show and some art work!

Well, I have been working on my fiber cards the past few days...I did a 'doodle' of a Flamingo but I'm so tired of the doodles...but I still might use it! 

I printed some on fabric to do some hand stitching, but it's so predictable. 

Boring!



Today I played with making some paper fabric using some of my doodles.  I'll post those pics tomorrow. 

Susan and I headed off today to the Villages for a quilt show w/vendors!  And we didn't buy anything!  go figure!!!

There were some really nice quilts and workmanship to match.  I did take many pics with my phone so they may not be that clear.





I really liked the quilting in this quilt so I had to take a snippet pic.




This was quite pretty and workmanship very nice as well.

The workmanship on this quilt was beautiful, as was the quilt.  You keep seeing little touches, embellishments the quilter added.

Just some of the detail above!  Beautiful.

This is another very nice piece...again, workmanship is outstanding!  Almost...I say, almost, as nice as my friend, Susan's, workmanship!






and of course, I have to show my dinner from my "date" last night!  We had dinner at Harry's and it was spectacular!!!  I had crab cakes and snow peas and yes, 2-4-1 margaritas!  Yes, I drink margaritas with everything or anything!

















3 comments:

  1. I simply cannot imagine being able to doodle so elegantly. Your flamingo is fabulous. Beautiful quilts and surprised you didn't buy anything. Yummy dinner. Wonderful Weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the look of the black background with white ink for your doodles. Missed The Villages quilt show, so I'm glad to see a couple of the highlights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robbie your doodles are so wonderful. I have been practicing a little doodling myself. It is fun. These quilts you show are so gorgeous I can sure appreciate all the hours of work that have gone into them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!