My Favorite Books

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Six Words

I just love this picture! Makes me smile. It's from 'Free Antique Images' blog. Since I didn't have any pics to post today thought I'd pick one of my favorites from his site.

I was reading an article in the July/August issue of the AARP magazine on telling a story in only six words. The article starts out....Ernest Hemingway was once challenged to tell a story in only six words. Papa came back swinging with "For sale: baby shoes, never worn." Isn't that just great! For those too young to not receiving AARP yet, you can read the article here. Today I feel "worn out body - with young mind". I sure feel that way..guess it wouldn't make an interesting article but then I don't have a way with words.

Warm today but not as humid as the past few days. Bob was very dehydrated on Thursday so he's back to drinking lots of water and now Gatorade when he's golfing. We have a wedding reception this weekend; dinner with Diane and Don; Kris' 40th BD on Tuesday...lots going on...have to get this body working. Hurting a bit again...darn! Just having to keep moving..maybe I need to change those six words!

1 comment:

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!