My Favorite Books

Friday, June 5, 2009

June Journal Quilt and stuff

Tigers were on this afternoon so I finished up the stitching on my June journal piece. Now to trim it (finished size is 8 1/2" x 11") and add my beaded leaves.
I'm almost finished with the 3rd beaded leaf. Two of the leaves have 34 gauge wire in the middle so they'll have some 'bending' to their shape. After I quilted the leaves, I poked a tiny hole and fed the wire through. I still have to work on a method to add the wire.
So in between buying a new refrigerator yesterday, hand sewing and making Grilled Chicken Teriyaki and Asian Sweet Potato salad (which were fantastic!) I 'doodled' with my free motion quilting. The background piece is from a challenge we had last year with the CCC group. Every two months, we would overdye, stamp or embellish a piece of fabric that was passed from person to person. This is actually the back of my 'ugly' fabric. It looks really good in the picture...it's a little dull in real life! Anyway, I just doodled with thread. I'm going to couch some fiber around the drawn circle area. This will be a page in My Art Diary. It didn't take long at all to stitch it up. I was and still am thinking of covering it with paint or with beads. Not sure yet how I'll finish it up.
It's only 37 degrees out this a.m.! Don't you just love our weather! For me, I do! I'm just not a fan of the heat so this doesn't bother me at all. Off today with my BFO (Best Friend from Ortonville) and we're heading to Michael's, JoAnne's and of course, we'll have to have a treat somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!