My Favorite Books

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Color & Design Mod 2 - week 3

Busy week but lots of fun!  Ice Dyeing, lunch/outing with Marcia and playing with Hilary's MIP online class!  Our homework was to cut 5-6" squares from one of our colors from last week (Tints, Tones and Shades) and create 'wonky' block(s).

 I cut up both my orange and red...I love the orange pieces and almost didn't cut them!  Isn't that what we do with fabric we like!  We keep our favorite fabir and never do anything with it beside look at it!  HA

Here are my squares using each tone, tint and shade from the orange overdyed pieces.
Not bad
Too much tint and not enough contrast

This one has more of each tint, tone and shade in the block

Happy with this one too

We had to add a simple shape - I cut a circle

What fun!

Laying our block on contrasting border

I should have used a darker border

I played with reds in a different block

Added shape in orange tint

This was the shape in tone


This was a good exercise for us in using tints, tones and shades.  On to  next week's lesson!


4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness…….these are all so darn impressive…...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice- you have really deleved in and had quite the intense study with these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are nice, looks like you are enjoying the class and learning a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!