My Favorite Books

Friday, April 19, 2019

Unbeading...is that like unsewing! YEP!






Working away on my beading and finally remembered that I wasn't using my hoop!  Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't!  In this case I needed to be using a hoop!  I could see the piece was started to pucker.  Not real clear in this photo but trust me...it was...I think the next picture shows it better.





So, after adding some material to all four side so I can place my piece in a hoop, I started to 'unbead'!







So, after adding some material (yellow fabric on top left edge) to all four side so I can place my piece in a hoop, I started to 'unbead'!



What fun!  NOT!  Although, the beads come out easily, it's all the little threads that are a pain to get rid of!  HA







So now I'm back using the hoop and enjoying the process.


Something for me to do when I'm not packing up to head back home!!!  We leave on the 28th so I need to get busy!

5 comments:

  1. My beading motto……yup…always use a hoop….though I exclusively use various sizes of Q-snap frames. I’ve found round hoops can cause distortion (especially on larger pieces) since the fabric is secured on the bias, rather than straight of grain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...interesting! I've never used a hoop while beading but have also not had a lot of puckering. I'll have to give it a try and note the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh believe me, I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never Un-beaded! But I do have a beading project this summer, and I am sure I will be un-beading at some point too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had quite a bit to unbead, too! But you will be happier with the results using your hoop and since you will put many hours into this- you need to be happy with it! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!