My Favorite Books

Friday, April 5, 2019

Ice Dye Results

Well, a quick post...turned out Marcia and I didn't make it to the Villages for an afternoon this week due to rain...and poor dogs didn't get out for their walks for almost two days. But sun was out again Wednesday so we did get outside, which turned out to be a wonderful day!  Rest of the week should be decent with 20% showers possibly this weekend.  But better then 30 degrees, windy or snow, right! 







Here are the results from Verna and Kim's ice dye afternoon!  They are beautiful in person!!

This was Verna's piece.  She used Hydrangea and Lapis dye (from Dharma).  





















For this piece, Verna used Red Wine and Lavender fiber dye (again by Dharma).


















This was Kim's first piece.  She used Deep Orange and Bright Yellow by Dharma.   Kim  sprinkled just Deep Orange in the middle of her piece and then sprinkled the Yellow dye around the edges.  Cool effect!


























Kim used Turquoise dye powder for this piece.  It's terrific!!


I think both ladies are happy with their results and I'm sure will make something awesome using their fabrics!






Needless to say, I didn't need to dye any fabric nor haul any more fabric home so I took a few small square of fabric I had in my stash and laid them in with both Verna and Kim.  Not bad results!!! 

Hard to see but there's a stamped print that shows through




These were two small 6" squares I put in with Verna's.  It's cotton sateen and really shines.



This was a yellow piece I put in with Verna's Red Wine and Lavender piece.  Love the movement in this piece. 


I'm working on finishing up my 2nd knitted top as well as working on my online lessons!  More results to post this week!

4 comments:

  1. The reveal is always such a great surprise! Love these, and you got deep, rich colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great success for all…..makes me itch to get some trays and ice out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ice dyeing...you have some beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!