My Favorite Books

Sunday, April 7, 2019

Features and Backgrounds

One of our recent assignments in Hilary's online MIP class is to produce papers displaying a background design or a feature design.  This was a fun project and sure made me look at what I'm creating and why!  HA
First off, this is where I do my stamping and over dyeing of my papers!  It's on top of the washer and dryer in the garage!  Works..not great but it does work!  I keep plastic  on the machines and the floor!

There are my background pieces...in other words they would work well (once over dyed) as a background piece(s) to a project.



I think this piece could be used as a 'feature' piece or background.  Feature pieces can be cut out or stand alone, adding your background pieces around them!  Make sense??


All of these could be used as 'feature' pieces. 


I can see cutting out each of the leaf squares and working with them in a collage.


Same with this piece.  You can't see it but both this piece and the one above have stamping all the along the outside edges as well.

Once again, each square could be cut out and stand alone in a piece of work.  Love the colors in this one.  I might over dye with a pale maroon...or wine????


Hope to over dye these this coming weekend. 

4 comments:

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!