My Favorite Books

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Things of beauty


There are many things of beauty in our life and I want to share some today. First, this is a donation quilt I purchased from the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative. This piece was made by Linda Devereaux from Lakewood, Washington. I think it's beautiful and if you could see the quilt and Linda's workmanship in person, you would agree it's a beautiful piece. Linda is one of several who have pledged to raise $1,000 through the sale or auction of Priority: Alzheimer's Quilts they donate. I'm so glad to have played a small part in Linda reaching her pledge and I got a beautiful quilt from that pledge! You can read my post here on quilts for AAQI or go directly to the AAQI site on how you too can be part of this initiative started by Ami Simms.

My next thing of beauty is my 3rd Amaryllis plant has two flowers in bloom and two buds waiting to bloom! This is the bulb plant I purchased in the spring of 2010 and had a beautiful bloom on it last year. I wasn't sure it would bloom again this year but yippee! it did! I think it's actually prettier this year than last year! And I have two more blooms to look forward to!



Windows are open today for a change! It was 92 even at 5:00 p.m. yesterday but only 69 @ 8:00 a.m. today and temps expected in the high 70's for a change. I love having the windows open and the breeze flowing through the house.

Bob golfed yesterday, with no problems and is golfing again today and tomorrow. Guess we'll see if he's still walking on Sat.!

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful indeed. Such a good cause for the small art quilts. And the flower is exquisite! Very smokey here from fires quite a distance from us. My allergy has kicked in. But your temps are a degree or two warmer than here!

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!