My Favorite Books

Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Painted Pot

So what's up with the picture of a bowl of cereal and peaches? Well, our sweet grand daughter surprised me, while shopping yesterday, with two peaches and pieces of Lindt candy grandpa and I love so much! What a sweetheart! I kept wanting to pay for them but she wouldn't let me and it was because she was surprising me with the peaches. They are really good, sweet and juicy! Thank you little one!!! How thoughtful!

Yesterday the kids and I went to the Painted Pot to paint ceramics. We did this two years ago and it's always a fun day. Amber is painting a pig bank and she did a great job.








The butterfly is mine...what a challenge. I didn't want
The butterfly is mine and what a challenge! I used left over paints because I didn't want to waste them.
Nick did a football and a great job on it too!
He also did a peace sign which is below.

Here he was searching for something










Amber's finished pig! She's so cute!

and check out the stamped flower she put on it too!












Nick's peace sign
Amber cleaning up for us! She could work there!












Our finished pieces! Kids will pick them up after work on day next week or we'll take another trip to Rochester.


All in all we had a great day! And grandma got a bike!! My DIL's mom and dad dropped off two brand new bikes they don't use any more. I rode the old style Huffy and it was great!! It felt so good to be back in the saddle again!

I'm going to buy the Huffy and pick up a helmet tomorrow. Lookout world! Bike riding grandma is at it again!!

We have our fiber meeting tonight so hope to have some nice show and tell to post about tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun thing to do with the grandchildren. And the projects turned out well. That pig is pretty perky.

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!