My Favorite Books

Sunday, October 4, 2020

She's Back!

 


Yep, I am back (again!)...stitches have been removed and I've been sewing finishing up the 12"x12" challenge quilts that need to be sent out to the four recipients! Can't show pictures until I send them out but here is a sneak peak!   Hard to see but there are two dogs on my lap while I was sewing!  You can see Gigi and only part of Kalee!  






Back working on our online class with Hilary!  We started working on silhouette designs two (or more!) weeks ago.  I did get some designs traced and cut out. 

It's only fair that Kalee gets to be showcased too!  She was sitting up on my table in my wet room while I cut out silhouettes!



Playing with layouts of some silhouettes. 





I wanted the reverse and had cut out extra pieces so I l painted the back of it!  I kinda like what was left on my paper!






Back playing...there are two different sizes on this piece.




Lonely little flower!






This is a larger one I cut out (fills 8"x11" page).  It's fun to reduce or enlarge a design.

I like the simplicity of this one too.  It's interesting that we're doing this technique for our latest module.  Check out what a wonderful piece Mary Stori did adding a silhouette to her piece!  Mary has used this technique in her work often and I love what she did with this simple patchwork (not simple to sew all those squares! ) piece and how the silhouette just added to it beautifully!  Check it out here: Bamboo at Dawn.

 We're now working on creating background pieces for our silhouettes!  One step at a time, right!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words and the ‘share’ of my latest silhouette piece, “Bamboo At Dawn”. I just love the results silhouettes provide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are all healed. This is a lovely project!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!