My Favorite Books

Sunday, October 11, 2020

Collage with silhouette

   I certainly don't know where my days/weeks/hours go...seems I am always busy!!!  I did get the 12"x12" challenge quilts in the mail this week so that's off my list!  Can't wait to show what I've received from two of the ladies already!!!  This is a great challenge to do with a small group.  




I've been working on creating some silhouette designs to use for our theme in Hilary's MIP online class.  This one was from a cement walkway at a park in Florida and I think it will make a good silhouette.





I do like feathers and think this is a cool design but lots of detail so would need just the perfect background for my theme.  Only problem, I still don't know what my theme is!!  









In my last post I showed a drawing I had finished based on our lesson last week.  Mainly, we're just drawing 'lines' vs actual piece.  I was happy with this design and used it as inspiration for creating my collage piece for this week's lesson.

Colors were just some papers I chose from my 'stack'!  Although, I really need more painted/dyed papers.  Hard to believe, I know, but just like fabric, you never have that particular color/shade you want, right!  



Here is the start of my piece...the center is a piece of deli paper I printed...background is a screen print paper.


I just added a blue/gold piece in the center...


And now overlaid with a stencil....not the best stencil but just wanted to play with the 'lesson'.  This piece is only 8"x8".  OK, let's be honest...I didn't do a lot of detail with choosing background papers...but sometimes less is more, right!  Give me fabric and I can create a patchwork piece...using papers I think I try to hard.  Hence, less is better for me!  


One of my friend's, friend in Florida, who does photography, sent me a great silhouette from a picture he took!  I think I may have found the perfect silhouette and now just need to decide on the background!  I am now excited about this module we're working on.  I just have to work on more drawings for my background to go with my stencil (which I'll show later!).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had to put Word Verification back in! Getting strange messages!!!